Monday, 30 September 2013

The Whale Story

This is the other story that we read in Bamfield... The Whale Story

My feelings were everywhere because I was really confused. It was present tense and in many lines it went to past tense. Example: "She showed me how to select a flat shone and fling it towards the water's surface like a frisbee." (page 22) I am asking myself what the author is trying to say, but I haven't figured it out yet.
This book is still the into in the narrative map because nothing crazy or suspenseful happened yet. "Little did I know how unfair life could be." (page 2) This is foreshadowing. There are many similes in this story I believe the author is expressing the story so more readers can relate to it.
I understood the theme as, "Sometimes you have to let things go." Sarah (the protagonist) was really sad that she was leaving her home and when she got there she forgot about home because of how fun it is. If she didn't let her past friends and home go she would have never had fun, and would have been depressed the whole time.
I connected to the story because of the literary elements the author used. I mostly connected to it because of the theme. Everyone has lots of things that we need to let go of. (example: when you were little you let go of your blanket or souther).

No comments:

Post a Comment